Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Slippery Slope in the Concert Hall


The topic of proper audience behavior has recently been receiving a fair amount of attention on the BBC Web site (perhaps because the Proms season is about to begin).  I have discovered that there is enough that needs to be said in response that I have decided to take the matter “beyond rehearsal” to my national site at Examiner.com.  My first article involved Sir Peter Maxwell Davies suggesting that those whose noisy cell phones disrupt a concert performance be fined.  While I appreciate his position that desperate times call for desperate measures, I decided to submit a follow-up piece today about how desperate measures often lead down a slippery slope.  Any discussion of his matter will, of course, be appreciated!

No comments: