Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reveling in Polemic

Having recently applied Friedrich Hayek as a big stick for beating up any knowledge management evangelists who may still be out their strutting their stuff, I feel a great need to cite an even stronger piece of polemic from the same source. In a vein similar to my previously cited passage, Hayek examines a literature that purports to provide a "philosophy of technology," which he then describes as "the dreariest mixture of pretentious platitudes and revolting nonsense which it has ever been the ill fortune of the present author to peruse." These words reminded me of the many texts I had to endure when I was honing my own writing skills through doing book reviews. It has been quite some time since I have had an I-wish-I'd-said-that moment; but Hayek certainly provided one for me with this particular turn of phrase!

No comments: