Monday, June 21, 2010

Putting Social Software to Work for a Good Cause

Before today I did not know about the Chase Community Giving organization. I was not surprised that there was an arm of Chase concerned with making donations. I was, however, surprised that they would determine the beneficiaries of their donations through Facebook voting. As a result Old First Concerts, one of my favorite venues for truly stimulating concert opportunities, has launched a get-out-the-vote campaign, which I have just endorsed with an Examiner.com piece entitled "Giving support that matters." I began enjoying Old First Concerts recitals long before I began writing for Examiner.com and even selected one of their events when I decided to compile a best-of-2009 list. As far as the attention I have given the series on Examiner.com, all I can say is that I wish more of my Calendar dates were free for their events! I encourage all readers of this blog to take a look at the statement that I duplicated on my Examiner.com piece and give serious consideration to engaging the technology of social software to help support the performing arts.

No comments: