Monday, July 20, 2009

AT&T Editorializes

My AT&T Home page provided what was, at the least, a curious window on this morning's Yahoo! News. Consider this introduction to the Apollo 11 anniversary story:

I have heard the Apollo 11 mission called many things by many different ideological groups; but "infamous" was the last adjective I expected to encounter during today's 40th anniversary celebrations. This alone was enough to send me to check out the AP story itself, where, sure enough, that adjective was absent:

This led me to do a text search, just in case it had slipped by me during my reading. Having failed to find it that way, I then ran the same text search in the View Source window that Firefox provides on request. The adjective was nowhere to be found except on the AT&T Home page. Was this the prank of a bored bit-pusher or a covert editorial statement? Enquiring minds want to know!

1 comment:

DigitalDan said...

Much more likely merely an incorrect word choice by a low-paid headline writer, more's the pity.